Only God has the right to declare who we are, because we are created by Him, and Jesus has paid the price to redeem us to a fully restored relationship with our Heavenly Father. Take time to allow His Word to remind you of who you are in Jesus:
Who you are in Christ:
- a child of God, because you have received Jesus and believed in His name (John 1:12)
- a temple of the Holy Spirit, therefore honor God with your body (1Corinthians 6:19-20)
- united with the Lord, and one with Him in spirit (1 Corinthians 6:17)
- crucified with Christ, no longer living for yourself, but having Christ living in you; the life you now live in the body, you live by faith in the Son of God, who loved you and gave himself for you (Galatians 2:20)
- dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus (Roman 6:11)
- chosen in Him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight (Ephesians 1:4)
- predestined for adoption to sonship through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will (Ephesians 1:5)
- redeemed through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God’s grace (Ephesians 1:7)
- brought to fullness in Christ, who is the head over every power and authority (Colossians 2:10)
- created in the image of God, either male or female (Genesis 1:27)
Thank you Jesus for helping me to see who I am. I pray that you will continue to show me my true identity. I am a new creation because of you; the old has passed, and the new has come (2 Corinthians 5:17), I am fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14), and you have come to give me life, and give it to me abundantly (John 10:10).
I give you all the praise, glory, and honor, Jesus, for you are worthy of my praise! Amen!