As we wait upon God, what are we waiting for?
- For the return of mankind to God, so that we can observe His kindness and justice (Hosea 12:6).
- To answer the cry of our soul, for our soul knows it is good to hope, wait, and seek Him, therefore it waits silently for His salvation (Lamentations 3:24-26).
- To receive His strength and encouragement in our hearts (Psalm 27:14).
- To show us His grace, as He waits on high to have compassion on us, for the LORD is a God of justice, and we are blessed as we long for Him (Isaiah 30:18).
- For His provision – for as we look to Him, He gives us food in due time, and as He opens up His hand, He satisfies the desire of every living thing (Psalm 145:15-16).
- To bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men’s hearts; and then each man’s praise will come to him from God (1 Corinthians 4:5).
- For the blessed hope and the appearing of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus (Titus 2:13)
These are just a few reasons to wait upon God, can you think of any other reasons? If so, then share them in the comment section.
Lord God Almighty, it is an honor and a privilege to wait upon you. Your Word opens up our eyes and reveals to our hearts, the blessings of knowing you. May we learn to trust you more fully, and seek you more diligently, as you teach us your truth and inspire to remain steadfast. Thank you for giving us the reasons to live and move and find our being in you – for we are your offspring (Acts 17:28). Amen.