Digesting food is not always easy for some people. There are certain individuals who need to take digestive aids, acid reducers, and even gas eliminators to help them to process food. Indigestion can make them feel uncomfortable, nauseated, and even scared to ever eat again. If you struggle with food digestion, then here are a few suggestions:
- Slow down when you’re eating and take time to enjoy your food.
- Eat smaller portions of food more frequently throughout your day.
- Drink fluids that support your eating – for example, ginger ale or ginger tea can support a troubled tummy.
- Take a brief walk after a meal to stimulate your digestion.
- Don’t eat too late before going to bed.
- Eat healthy foods and only indulge in the occasional treat.
- Get tested for food allergies if you don’t understand what is causing your indigestion.
- Consider taking a probiotic to promote good gut bacteria.
- Think about using apple cider vinegar before eating, if you lack sufficient stomach acid for good digestion.
Please help me to achieve good digestion. Talk to me about what I need to do, and the things I need to avoid. Bring healing to those areas in my body that struggle with food. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for hearing my prayer and leading me towards good digestion. Amen.