Having a good boss makes all the difference in the world, and fortunately, my boss has many good qualities:
- interacts well with people without demanding anything from them
- helps people understand if they are not sure what they are doing
- doesn’t micro-manage people, as if she’s the boss, and you know nothing
- knows how to speak, write, and communicate well in the English language
- understands and shows empathy towards our own shared work frustrations
- looks for your perspective on things where your input can help her to make better decisions
- doesn’t play mind games with some sort of hidden agenda in mind
- is not a “know-it-all” and is willing to admit her own mistakes
These are a few things I like about my boss.
How about you? What good qualities can you find in your boss?
Thank you for bringing in good leadership into our lives through our places of employment. May you honor our “bosses” today with your wisdom and understanding, so that they can lead more effectively, be encouraged by your presence, and be strengthened to fulfill your calling in their lives. Amen.