I have observed a number of people who live with chronic pain, and from my perspective, its a horrible condition to deal with on a daily basis.
As an outsider, I am sure that it’s unpleasant to be reminded of your pain, and the limitations it brings to your lifestyle.
I’ve seen how it negatively impacts a person’s mood, how it brings discouragement, and how any hope of a brighter future can quickly be removed.
What can help you deal with your pain?
- look for distraction: focusing on something that redirects your thinking can help you to forget about your pain.
- get genuine support: receiving the caring intervention of others can help you to know that you are not forgotten.
- share your burden: letting others into your pain can help you to process your grief.
- know who you are: pain is not your identity, even when it tries to overwhelm you.
- see the big picture: chronic pain can be really challenging, limiting, and very uncomfortable, but Jesus of Nazareth has overcome pain, and He will see you through to complete freedom.
I pray for those who are dealing with chronic pain. Send your holy presence to minister into the area of their pain receptors. Remove the negative turmoil, decrease the pain intensity, and increase the joy of the Lord. May they know your presence, experience your favor, and may you rejoice over them with singing.
At these specific sites, let your healing begin, and be brought to full completion. Remove the shock of any trauma, balance their internal systems, and minister to every part in pain. Reduce any inflammation, increase circulation, and bring them into a full restoration.
Let their mind, body, and spirit be one with you. I ask for the Holy Spirit to oversee this work and work in alignment with their spirit for the healing of their entire body. In all dimensions, bring the freedom of Jesus to them, for He whom the Son sets free is free indeed, and Jesus has come to set them free.
Lord Jesus, for those who fear your name, let the Sun of Righteousness arise with healing in his wings, so that they will go free, leaping with joy like calves let out to pasture (Malachi 4:2). Bring your kindness to remove any ungodly words spoken over them, and let your authority establish safe and secure boundaries.
May your love flow into the core of their being to soothe every source of discomfort. Free their mind, body, soul, and spirit to think upon that which is good, beautiful, and lovely. Set their heart at ease, and remove every form of trouble that interrupts their healing. Refresh them with your rest, and let your presence free them from all pain. Amen.