I have observed a number of people who live with chronic pain, and from my perspective, its a horrible condition to deal with on a daily basis.
As an outsider, I am sure that it’s unpleasant to be reminded of your pain, and the limitations it brings to your lifestyle.
I’ve seen how it negatively impacts a person’s mood, how it brings discouragement, and how any hope of a brighter future can quickly be removed.
What can help you deal with your pain?
- look for distraction: focusing on something that redirects your thinking can help you to forget about your pain.
- get genuine support: receiving the caring intervention of others can help you to know that you are not forgotten.
- share your burden: letting others into your pain can help you to process your grief.
- know who you are: pain is not your identity, even when it tries to overwhelm you.
- see the big picture: chronic pain can be really challenging, limiting, and very uncomfortable, but Jesus of Nazareth has overcome pain, and He will see you through to complete freedom.
My pain can be difficult to bear, but you bore the entire penalty for my sin on the cross. You took my place when no one else could, and your forgiveness gives me full assurance that one day my pain shall be no more. Thank you, Lord Jesus! Amen.