Let your life reflect the faith you have in God. Fear nothing and pray about everything. Be strong, trust God’s word, and trust the process. (Germany Kent)
If we are honest with ourselves, we realize that our prayer life can always use some improvement.
Sometimes we forget to pray, and days go by when we notice a deficit in our lives, because we haven’t spent time sharing our lives with God, and listening for Him to speak to us.
There are also times in our lives when we may not want to pray. Maybe we have given up on prayer, and we lack the confidence to want to spend time in God’s presence, because we doubt that He will answer our prayers.
In the midst of our own situation, we can take simple steps to restore our prayer life. If you desire to see a change, then consider introducing some of these simple changes into your life:
- read a passage of scripture, and pray through each verse, placing yourself in the position that the author is addressing. (reading and praying through the Psalms is a good place to start)
- spend time praying with others. (maybe you need a boost by finding the support and encouragement of fellow believers)
- listen to worship music, so that you can reconnect with God and experience His presence.
- go on a silent weekend retreat. (there are places you can go to receive ministry and to share your thoughts and feelings with others)
- read a book about prayer that addresses how the author has also overcome your particular issues.
- meet with a trusted friend, minister, or even a therapist to talk about your struggles with prayer.
What suggestion do you have for improving your prayer life?
I pray that you would help us to improve our prayer life. Speak to us with your encouragement, as we focus our eyes on you. Lead us as we follow you, and direct our steps so that we can grow in intimacy with you. Thank you for the opportunity to share our concerns, and to take the time to listen to you. It is truly a privilege to become more fully aware of your presence in our lives. Amen.