Saving money is important, especially when you are limited in your income, and you are trying to make ends meet on a daily basis.
These are a simple few things we have tried that have proven to be successful in saving us money:
- taking our own grocery bags with us, whenever we go shopping, instead of paying 5 cents for plastic bags at the store
- cutting plastic tubes of cream, ointment, and other skincare products in half in order to get out all of the useable product.
- using vinegar as a household cleaner, instead of using the major brands, for basic cleaning
- buying memberships at Costco, and other major distributors, just for the sake of buying gas, which is usually 5 to 10 cents cheaper per
litre(the annual savings will more than cover the price of your membership)
- cleaning your own vehicle internally, and using coin-operated, self-clean car washes for the outside of your vehicle (paying 6 dollars vs 12 dollars, saves you money every time you desire to clean your vehicle)
- collecting points through providers like Shoppers Drug Mart and President’s Choice will allow you to redeem your own points to buy what you
need,when your budget is limited
These are just a few of the cost-saving measures that we have implemented over the years, saving us hundreds of dollars since we started to live simply and to enjoy life without unnecessary spending.
How about you? What things have you done, or what things are you doing to save money? Thanks for your feedback!
We want to be good stewards of the money we receive, we save, and we give out. Help us to work together to share what we have learned, so that many others can save money, and use it wisely, for your glory, and the honor of your name. Amen.